JULY 20-AUGUST 7, 2020
The Summer English Language Experience is an immersive three-week program offering students ages 11-17 years the opportunity to improve their English skills while experiencing American culture.
Combining classroom lessons with field trips and social activities, the program introduces students to the American style of interactive, project-oriented learning.
Conversational English is reinforced through interaction with American students during organized events and activities.
Summer English Language Experience participants who plan to enroll in St. Croix can continue lessons through our Bridge Program for an additional $500 per week.
Camp students stay in the St. Croix Dormitory and have study time to work on daily English lessons. Adult supervisors stay with the students in the residence and are available to assist students at all times.
English classes are held in the morning, and each afternoon students use what they learn while interacting with American students on trips to the Mall of America, a professional baseball game, swimming, the Science Museum of Minnesota, Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minnesota Capitol building, and many others.
Within walking distance of the campus are shops of over fifty varieties, including several ethnic restaurants and four major department and electronic stores.
The St. Croix complex includes a lake, park, spacious athletic fields, a gymnasium, computer lab, 152-bed dormitory, entertainment room, and cooking staff.
Direct international flights are scheduled regularly through the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport (MSP), only 15 minutes from St. Croix.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit per student reserves a spot. First consideration will go to those who register by May 15. A total of $2,300 is due by June 15.
- After receiving the deposit, St. Croix will send a letter to all accepted students. This document will help you apply for the B1/2 visitors’ visa to the United States.
- Students must arrive the weekend before the camp and depart the weekend after. Free airport pick-up and drop-off will be provided for groups traveling together. Accommodations will not be available for early arrivals or late departures.
- The English Language Experience is for students ages 11–17 with a basic understanding of the English language. The SLEP test will be administered on the first day to determine English levels. Student/Teacher ratio is about 15:1.
- Students, families and representative agencies are responsible for health insurance and all health care coverage required by students during the Summer English Language Experience.
- Students must have an excellent behavior record. Students who regularly disobey the instructors or break the rules will be sent home immediately at the family's/agency's expense.