St. Croix Lutheran Academy
1200 Oakdale Avenue
West St. Paul, MN 55118
P: (651) 455-1521
F: (651) 451-3968
Since 1958, SCL has been preparing young people to be successful citizens in an ever-changing world. As a Christian school, SCL takes great care in providing a Christ-centered, Bible-based education in a supportive community where students can grow spiritually, intellectually, and physically. Supported by 30 partner churches and schools (WELS/ELS), faithful benefactors, and a strong endowment, SCL is founded upon a rich history grounded in the truths of God's word.
St. Croix Lutheran Academy is the global leader in Christian education, welcoming students in grades 6-12 from all backgrounds since 1958. The culturally-diverse community includes students from the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area, across the United States, and to date, from over 40 countries across five continents.
Located on 30 acres overlooking Thompson Lake, the campus supports the mission of educating the total student – spiritually, intellectually and physically. Here students will be part of a caring, supportive community where they will make new friends and discover their potential.
- A private, Christian middle school (gr. 6-8) and college preparatory high school (gr. 9-12)
- Serving students from the Twin Cities metro area, across the United States, and around the world
- International program of 125 students from across five continents
- Student/teacher ratio of 13:1
- Average class size is 20
- 70% of staff holds master's degrees or higher
- Students consistently score at or above Minnesota average on ACT and SAT
- 95% of graduates continue to post-secondary studies
- Accredited by Minnesota Non-public School Accreditation Association (MNSAA)
- Member of the Association of Lutheran High Schools; recognized for exemplary ministry to young people
- Member of Minnesota Independent School Forum (MISF)
- A beautiful, award-winning chapel used for daily student chapel services, music practice sessions, and special events.
- Athletic facilities — Crusader stadium (soccer, football, track), a three-court gymnasium with home and visitor seating, baseball and softball fields and dugouts, tennis courts, and numerous soccer and football practice fields.
- Clean, comfortable classrooms with interactive whiteboard or smart TV technology.
- State-of-the-art science classrooms and equipment.
- A 350-seat auditorium for drama, musical, and special events.
- A student commons used as a cafeteria, gathering place for students, and special events area.
- A library media center for student study hall and research resources.
- Chromebook and Google school technology for the middle school.
- A bring-your-own-device program for the high school.
- 100% wireless connectivity.
- A modern on-campus dormitory for long-distance and international students.
- Safety features including timed entryways, surveillance cameras, and a dedicated safety team.