St. Croix Lutheran Academy is a global leader in Christian education, welcoming students from all backgrounds. Our culturally-diverse community includes students from the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area, across the United States, and to date, from as many as 17 countries across five continents.
Located on 30 acres overlooking Thompson Lake, our campus supports the SCL mission of educating the total student – spiritually, intellectually and physically. Here you will be part of a caring, supportive community where you’ll make new friends and discover your own potential.
Since 1958, SCL has been preparing young people to be successful citizens in an ever-changing world. Our campus is 100% wireless Internet accessible, and writing-intensive classrooms have one-to-one laptop use. 90% of our classrooms have an interactive whiteboard or smart TV technology. A triple-screen video projection system in the chapel allows us to incorporate technology into our worship services and stream live events via the internet.
SCL offers a college-preparatory curriculum during a two-semester school year. Students take core classes to meet graduation requirements and participate in a variety of electives. With courses at basic, accelerated, advanced placement levels, and PSOE levels, our students are well prepared for their post-secondary education. They consistently score above the Minnesota state average on the ACT and SAT college placement exams, and ninety-five percent of SCL graduates pursue college or university degrees.
We are a fully accredited secondary educational institution with highly-qualified instructors. Seventy-eight percent of our teaching staff holds advanced degrees (masters or doctorates) in their field. The student-to-teacher ratio is 13 to 1 and average class size is 20.
SCL is a member of the Association of Lutheran High Schools and the Minnesota Independent School Forum. We have been recognized three times by the Association of Lutheran High Schools for our exemplary ministry to young people.
The Bible is at the center of the SCL learning experience. Students are daily connected with God’s word through a Bible class and a devotional time in SCL's beautifully appointed chapel.
Dedicated to developing the total student, SCL encourages its students and staff to lead lives of Christian service. We are committed to producing graduates who know their Savior Jesus Christ and fulfill their roles as educated, involved leaders in a global society.
We look forward to helping you discover the future God has in store. There is a place for you at St. Croix Lutheran!
- A private, Christian college preparatory school for grades 6-12.
- Serving students from the Twin Cities metro area, across the United States, and around the world.
- International program of about 100 students from across five continents
- Student/teacher ratio of 13:1
- Average class size is 20
- Students consistently score at or above Minnesota average on ACT and SAT
- 95% of graduates continue to post-secondary studies
- Accredited by Minnesota Non-public School Accreditation Association (MNSAA)
- Member of the Association of Lutheran High Schools; recognized for exemplary ministry to young people
- Member of Minnesota Independent School Forum
- 70% of staff holds master's degrees or higher
- 30-acre campus located in West St. Paul, MN overlooking Thompson Lake
- 100% wireless Internet accessible campus
- Athletic complex upgraded in 2002
- Chapel built in 2005
- Modern dormitory built in 2015 for international and long-distance American students
- Spacious classrooms
- Four state-of-the-art science classrooms (general science, biology, chemistry, and physics)
- Library/media center
- Three-court gymnasium with home and visitor seating